Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The best composition of the month: my best day ever

Hi there ! 
As I promised in my welcome message, I will be uploading the best compositions of the month to foster your interest in the writing skill. Anyway, I asked you, my students of 4th ESO, to write about either your best day ever or your worst day ever using the simple past. As I mentioned in class, you had to invent or rather, spice your day by being imaginative and mention some incredible things that may or may not have actually happened to you. After reading -and correcting - all your compositions, I chose to publish one of yours here. This composition is quite imaginative and very well written indeed. The author, a writer-to-be I suppose, has been really creative and, what is more, he has used some of the characters in my favourite American TV serials. It is quite an outstanding piece of writing. Here you have it:

 


My best day ever (by Javier Aladrén, 4º ESO)

My best day ever was on my thirteenth birthday, 18th December 2013. That day, my family went with me to meet my friends who live across the ocean. 

First of all, one day before, we had got on a plane at Madrid-Barajas airport and we got off in New York's JFK airport. It was a long journey, but we travelled first class and it was really comfortable ! Once in the city, we visited Manhattan, Broadway, Central Park, the Empire State Building and the American Museum of Natural History, where I met Ben Stiller. Can you believe it ? We were visiting the museum together and we talked about our lives. 

Secondly, I went to see one of my best friends all over the world. His name is Michael Corleone. I like him very much. We had travelled together to Italy some years ago.

After that, we left the city and moved to New Jersey, where we saw Tony Soprano and the rest of the gang. They are good people, but only if you're their friend. Then, the last thing we did on the East Coast was to meet my friends Ted, Robin, Lily, Marshall and Barney at MacLaren's pub. I really love these guys ! Seriously, they are, other than my family, the best people I've ever known. 

Next, we flew to Chicago. Will Smith was waiting for us there. It's a bit strange to be there because of the robots, but Will is a great person and one of my best friends. 

The last city we visited was Los Angeles (L. A. ). I loved that city ! Our friends Cameron and Mitchell were waiting for us at the airport. We walked around the city, and we had dinner at their house. During the dinner, I met their family. Their nephew, Manny, is great ! He is funny, smart and intelligent. I loved talking to him. Last but not least, we went to Malibu to a party at Charlie Harper's house. Charlie and Alan are my friends too. I always go to their house every time there's a party. I felt very happy during the journey back home and I wish to go back to the US as soon as possible and live another happy day again. Until then, I can communicate with my American friends by means of social networks !   

Did you enjoy Javier's composition as much as I did ? Why don't you write a comment expressing your views ? 

1 comment: